“We intend to use tourism to make Myanmar a better place to live in - to provide more employment and greater business opportunities for all our people, to contribute to the conservation of our natural and cultural heritage and to share with us our rich cultural diversity. We warmly welcome those who appreciate and enjoy our heritage, our way of life and those who travel with respect”
Myanmar’s Responsible Tourism Policy vision 2012.
VILLA INLE resort & spa offers our guests a serene, nature based retreat that effuses elegance and style. We pride ourselves on ensuring that every guest receives a warm and friendly welcome, a high level of comfort and an excellent service. We also believe in delivering a responsible tourism experience that is environmentally friendly and that gives something back to the communities of Inle Lake. Our sustainable policies promote environmentally friendly operations that contribute to the protection of our natural and cultural heritage. We continuously strive to be a fair employer that promotes local recruitment and promotion. We aim to exceed the expectations of our customers and our desire is that our guests leave Villa Inle Resort and Spa with wonderful holiday memories that last a lifetime, whilst knowing that their visit supported the local communities and the preservation of the lake’s environment.
Responsible Tourism Commitment
- • We are committed to minimize the negative impacts of our operation on the environment and enhance the life of our employee and the community.
- • We are committed to form dedicated teams to implement our sustainable policies, with the full support from the owners and management.
- • We are committed to comply with all relevant national and regional environmental rules and regulations.
- • We are committed to continuously create high quality products and services to meet our customers’ expectation.
- • We are committed to continuously learn and understand the environmental, social and cultural issues associated with our operation.
- • We are committed to be a fair employer that recruits locally and supports internships, training and promotion for local employees.
- • We are committed to encourage and promote local purchasing where possible for our hotel operations and for our guests.
Responsible Tourism Action Plan
- • To set specific objectives and targets in managing impacts caused by our operations, including waste management, water and energy efficiency.
- • To reduce the use of energy and water without affecting the comfort level of our customers.
- • To support the local community through fair employment at the hotel, promotion of local excursions, promotion of local purchasing and donations to social causes.
- • Arrange regular monitoring, internal and third party audits to measure and certify the sustainable activities performed by Villa Inle Resort and Spa against targets set.
- • To educate our employees to be more environmentally aware and at the same time understand that our objectives cannot be achieved without their participation.
- • To educate our guests on how they can help support responsible tourism in Myanmar.
Aung Ko Ko