Purchasing Policy and Guidelines
VILLA INLE spa & resort is working to purchase responsibly to benefit the operations of the hotel, the local community, the environment and our customers.
Our purchasing guidelines include the following:
- • Operate a “mend, reuse or recycle” policy, to ascertain if waste or redundant products can be reused or recycled before new purchases are made.
- • Buy items in bulk to reduce packaging e.g. amenities, Butter & Jam and minibar snacks
- • Work to reduce non-essential packaging with regular suppliers.
- • Promote local purchasing where the hotel’s purchasing criteria are met in terms of quality, competitive pricing, service, consistency and delivery guarantees.
- • Support local and organic/ non chemical food purchases from Shan state.
- • Promote goods and services from local NGOs, social enterprises and local craft producers to tourists staying at the hotel.
- • Check for licenses, certifications and permits to trade.
- • Avoid single use plastics wherever possible.
- • Preferred products will be sourced from those suppliers who share the same values that include respecting the environment, provision of local benefit whilst still delivering high quality service and goods at a competitive price.
- • Energy efficiency of equipment and technology will be considered alongside price, quality and local availability.
Aung Ko Ko